TOMATO BASIL FARRO
THIS RECIPE MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH FARRO!
Simple, healthy, delicious - and it's a nice alternative to pasta or rice. I use this as a side for my meal preps or as a stand-alone dish with some chicken thrown in!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: ~5 (use less if you're cooking for fewer or not meal prepping)
What You'll Need:
- 1.5 cups of your favorite brand of farro. I used Trader Joe's 10-Minute Farro because who doesn't have 10 min?!
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (though any tomato will do)
- 1 can pitted sliced black olives
- 1 fresh lemon
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Follow the instructions to boil your farro. If you're using TJ's 10-Minute Farro, this will take 10 minutes + time for the water to boil.
- While the farro is cooking, chop basil, tomatoes, & olives.
- "Zest" the lemon - I use a cheese grater for this.
- Combine farro, basil, tomato, olives, and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Squeeze juice of 1/4 lemon into the mixture.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.
- And that's it!!!
I hope you enjoy this tasty take on farro. Be sure to snap a pic of your meal to share with me on Instagram using the hashtag #HMBgirl. Enjoy!