SPINACH ZUCCHINI SALAD
This is an amazingly delicious salad variation! You can add other veggies or chicken, or eat it as is. It’s healthy, fresh, and a definite crowd-pleaser.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate (only because it’s easy to overcook the zucchini)
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Serving Size: 1-2
What You’ll Need:
- 1 bowl of fresh spinach
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- Raw sliced almonds to sprinkle on top
- Feta cheese to sprinkle on top
- Salad dressing of your choice (I use a light Italian dressing)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use a cheese grater to slice zucchini into thin long ribbons. You can also cut strips with a knife, but it will be harder.
- Once you’ve sliced the zucchini to the point where it’s no longer easy to cut without getting your fingers in the way, safe remaining zucchini for another meal.
- Cook the zucchini slices – I place mine next to each other on a George Foreman grill, but you can also use any other grill.
- Once zucchini has softened and browned a bit, remove from grill and place on top of a bowl of spinach.
- As an option, place sliced almonds in a pan over medium heat to toast. Remove from pan when they have browned slightly.
- Add almonds and crumble feta cheese over spinach & zucchini.
- Season with salt, pepper, and your choice of salad dressing.
- That’s it!
I must tell you that I prefer this salad when the zucchini is still warm, so I don’t use this one when I meal prep. The combo of warm zucchini and spinach is amazing, so enjoy!!
Be sure to share a pic of your version of this dish with me on Instagram! Use the hashtag #HMBgirl so I can take a peak.