SAVORY EGG MUFFINS
I can't believe i lived almost 28 years without these in my life.
These are packed with protein & other nutrients, they're light & fluffy, & they're a breeze to make. Breakfast will never be the same.
Before we go further, I want to let you know that I got the idea for this recipe from my dear friend, Heidi. And then I got the baking instructions from this POPSUGAR recipe, which is adapted from someone else. You get the idea...this one came from a lot of great minds.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 12 muffins
What You'll Need:
- 12 extra large eggs (I use 6 whole eggs & 6 egg whites only)
- Veggies of your choice. You'll need enough to fill the bottom of each cup in the muffin tin. I used tomatoes, zucchini, & spinach here
- Spices & herbs of your choice
- Olive oil, coconut oil, or vegan butter to grease the muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease the muffin tin.
- Chop vegetables and place in the bottom of each cup of the muffin tin.
- Crack 12 eggs into a bowl & stir using a fork or whisk. I used 1/2 whole eggs, 1/2 egg whites only.
- Mix your choice of spices & herbs in with the eggs.
- Pour eggs into muffin cups until each cup is about 3/4 full.
- Place muffin tin in the oven & bake for 20-25 min.
- Remove muffins from the oven & let cool for ~5 min.
- Use a small spatula or knife to remove muffins from tin.
- Serve or refrigerate for up to a week. I recommend heating these before you eat them.
And guys - it's that simple!! You can get as creative as you want with your ingredients. Be sure to snap a pic of your meal to share with me on Instagram using the hashtag #HMBgirl. Enjoy!