ROASTED COCONUT ASPARAGUS & BRUSSELS SPROUTS
I LOVE THIS SWEET & SALTY SIDE OF TWO OF MY FAVORITE VEGGIES!
Roasted coconut asparagus & brussels sprouts is one of my all-time favorite sides for a stand-alone meal or to prep for the week. I can’t wait for you to try this!!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Serving Size: ~4 (depending on how hungry you are! J)
What You'll Need:
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 16 oz brussels sprouts (or 1 bag from Trader Joe’s)
- 1.5 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- Salt, garlic salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the dry, white ends off of the asparagus. Chop a small amount of the end from your brussels and remove the outer layer of leaves. Slice each brussel in half.
- Spread asparagus and brussels sprouts onto a baking sheet.
- Melt 1.5 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil until it is completely liquid. 45 seconds in the microwave usually works for me.
- Drizzle the coconut oil over the asparagus and brussels sprouts.
- Lightly sprinkle everything with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Using a spatula, mix all ingredients so the seasonings and oil are equally distributed.
- Place baking sheet in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven and use spatula to mix everything on more time.
- Place baking sheet in over for another 10-12 minutes.
- You will know your dish is ready when some of the brussels sprout leaves are light brown and crispy and when brussels and asparagus are soft to the touch.
- Remove sheet from oven, let cool and enjoy!
Show me your brussels sprouts and asparagus perfection! Be sure to take a pic of your meal to share with me on Instagram using the hashtag #HMBgirl. Happy healthy eating!