LEMON CAULIFLOWER RICE
I LOVE rice and pasta, but having a delicious low-carb alternative is always a good idea. No, riced cauliflower doesn’t taste like rice, but it is delicious and the consistency satisfies my carb cravings. Add this as a side to a lean protein and some leafy greens and you’ve got yourself a healthy, tasty meal!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Serving Size: 3
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound riced cauliflower (I used the pre-chopped version from Trader Joe’s, but you could chop a whole cauliflower if you’d like)
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- Salt, pepper, and garlic salt
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil into a pan on medium heat. Let the oil warm for ~1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped onion to the pan and cook until onion edges begin to brown.
- Mix in riced cauliflower and reduce to low heat.
- Add ¼ cup water and cover with lid.
- Let simmer until cauliflower pieces begin to soften, stirring every 1-2 minutes.
- Once cauliflower is softened (not completely soft, but soft enough to not be crunchy), remove from heat.
- Squeeze lemon over cauliflower and add salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste.
- Stir and serve!
Show me how you serve up your dish of Lemon Cauliflower Rice by using the hashtag #HMBgirl on Instagram. Enjoy!