FRIED EGG SALAD
I STUMBLED UPON THIS ONE AND, WOW, I’M IN LOVE.
I love a good fried egg, especially with runny delicious yolk, but I was a bit hesitant to mix the eggy yolky goodness with my greens. I can officially say that I am SO glad I did. This recipe is so easy, so healthy, and so YUM!
Difficulty Level: Easy (What’s easier than easy?)
Cook Time: ~5-10 minutes
Serving Size: 1 (but easy to make for more)
What You'll Need:
- 1 or 2 large eggs
- 1 bowl of lettuce of your choice (I used Trader Joe’s microgreens and spicy spinach blend)
- 2 tsp. olive oil or coconut oil per egg
- Salad dressing of your choice (I used an Italian recipe that I’ll eventually share)
- Salt, garlic salt & pepper to taste
- Place non-stick pan over medium heat and add 2 tsp. of olive or coconut oil.
- Crack 1 egg into pan and let cook for 1-2 minutes. The egg white should be a little bubbly and still a little transparent before you flip the egg.
- Flip egg and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Egg whites should be completely white, but yolk should feel soft to the touch.
- Repeat with another egg, if desired.
- While egg is cooking, rinse lettuce of your choice, pat dry with a paper towel, and place in bowl.
- Place fried eggs on top of lettuce and season as desired. I used a bit of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt, garlic salt, cracked pepper, and salad dressing.
- Use fork to cut egg so that the yolky goodness mixes with the lettuce.
- Dig in!
This dish is my go-to for a quick and healthy lunch! I hope you love it as much as I do. And fun fact the colors of the egg and lettuce make this meal totally Instagram-able. Share your meal with me using the hashtag #HMBgirl so I can oodle over your Fried Egg Salad. Happy healthy eating!