BOSU's are awesome for so many types of workouts, including High-Intensity Interval Training! Whether you own one or have access to one at your gym, grab your BOSU and let's do this!
How To Do This:
My recommendation is to perform each exercise for 60 seconds. Take a 30-second rest between exercises. Repeat the whole circuit for a total of 2-3 sets. That's only 15-23 minutes for a heart-pumping workout!
- Place the BOSU on the floor, rounded side up.
- Stand next to the BOSU.
- Tap the ball of one foot to the rounded side of the BOSU.
- Quickly switch sides.
- Keep going – this is going to get your heart rate up!
*Form Notes: Keep your chest lifted throughout the duration of this exercise – train your body to maintain perfect posture!
*Breathing Notes: Try to take deep inhales and exhales during this exercise. The reps will be too fast to match with each breath.
- Begin in a pushup position with your hands shoulder-width apart on the flat side of the BOSU.
- Perform 1 pushup, maintaining a straight line from head to feet.
- Hop or step your feet forward & separate them wide apart as you lift your chest. This should put you in a squat position.
- Grasp the outer handle of the BOSU.
- Press through your heels to stand up, lifting the BOSU with you.
- Press the BOSU over your head.
- Lower the BOSU as you squat down.
- Place your palms on the flat side of the BOSU as you hop your legs back to a pushup position.
*Modification Tip: There are many ways to modify this exercise. If you aren’t able to perform a pushup on your feet (or get too tired!), you can always lower your knees to the ground. Also, you can always step your feet forward & back instead of performing the hop.
*Progression Tip: Single leg pushup, anyone? :)
- Place your left foot on the rounded side of the BOSU.
- Bend your knees and lift your chest.
- Press through your left foot and hop up so that your right foot may replace your left as your left foot simultaneously lowers to the opposite side of the BOSU.
- Quickly repeat on the right side.
Sit to Stand
- Sit on the rounded side of the BOSU with your low back supported.
- Keep your feet on the ground as you lean back, as though you’re lowering down from a crunch.
- Crunch up by contracting your abs.
- Lean forward and press your weight into your heels.
- Extend your legs and lift your hips to a standing position.
- Sit your hips back and bend your knees until your bottom makes contact with the BOSU.
- Flip the BOSU so the rounded side points down.
- Place your hands shoulder-width apart on the flat side of the BOSU.
- Create a straight line from your head to your heels, as though you’re going to do a pushup.
- Lift one foot and pull your knee toward your chest.
- Straighten your leg and lower your foot to the ground.
- Quickly repeat on the other side.
*Form Tip: You’ll be moving through these fast to keep your heart rate up, but try to maintain a straight line through your body. Ideally, only your legs will move in this exercise.
I hope this sequence gets your heart pumping! Show me your moves by posting to Instagram. Be sure to use the hashtag #HMBgirl so I can see you! Go for it, gorgeous!